Texas Lottery Help & Information
The main game from the Texas Lottery is Lotto Texas, a game whose tickets first went on sale November 7th 1992 with the first draw just a week later on November 14th 1992. It was only in 1993 that the Cash Value option (CVO) became available at the same time as a midweek Wednesday draw was introduced. Unlike other lotteries in America the Texas Lottery requires that the choice between CVO and AP is made at the time of purchasing a ticket, other lottery states allow the player to make the decision after winning. The twice weekly draws for the Texas Lottery games on Wednesday and Saturday take place at 10.12pm Central time.
Latest TX Lottery Results
Lotto Texas Numbers
With two draws a week and substantial rollover jackpots available on a regular basis it is no wonder that the Texas Lottery is popular amongst many players. Of course the reason people buy tickets is to win and here at Lottery.net you will find the latest Texas Lottery results. You'll find a page dedicated to the Texas Lottery numbers that lists the last ten results with an option to check older results on the archive pages. If you wish to see the prize breakdown for the draws then click the date for further details.
It was two weeks until a winner was finally found for the first ever Texas Lottery draw on November 28th 1992 when Janus Kallus of Schulenburg scooped at $21,760,794.64 jackpot which was paid in 20 annuity payments (AP).
October 23rd 1993 saw the Texas Lottery game of Lotto break a record set in 1989 by the Floria Lotto for first year sales. With two weeks still remaining until the Texas Lottery first birthday sales reached a cumulative total of $973.6 million. Just two days prior to its first birthday this figure has reached the $1 billion mark.
Playing the Texas Lottery
The game matrix for the Texas Lottery game Lotto has not changed since it was first introduced and the game remains as a 6/54 game. The overall odds of winning a prize in the game are 1 in 71 and below you can see details of all the odds and prize tiers for the Texas Lotto game:
|3 from 6||$3 (guaranteed)||1 in 75|
|4 from 6||$50 (estimated)||1 in 1,526|
|5 from 6||$2,000 (estimated)||1 in 89,678|
|6 of 6||Jackpot amount (minimum $4 million)||1 in 25,827,165|
Key Texas Lottery Facts
- The design of the logo was decided after a competition between the general public and an ad agency. The winning logo depicting a cowboy hat being thrown in celebration that is still in use was created by Susan Holten from Carollton.
- The Texas Lottery joined the multi-state lottery of Megamillions in 2003 with the first draw taking place on 5th December that year.
- It was in January 2010 that the Texas Lottery joined with the other multi-state lottery, Powerball and the first draw took place on 3rd February 2010.
- Thomas Henderson, an NFL player renowned for wrecking his career with drug use and imprisonment, won $28 million on 22/03/2000 playing Lotto Texas. He opted for the cash payment and took home $14,491,235.
- The biggest win to date on the Texas Lottery was back in 2004 when one lucky ticket holder won $145,000,000 after the jackpot rolled an impressive 32 times. The winner opted for the cash option and walked away with £82,569,717!