If you're living in Delaware, Ohio, Rhode Island, Maryland or West Virginia and you're looking for a different spin on lottery fun, why not try MegaHits? This game uses a Video Lottery Terminal (VLT) to offer progressive jackpots to players in designated casinos.
History of MegaHits
MegaHits debuted in July 2011 as a replacement for Ca$hola, which was the first multi-state video lottery game in the country. The Multi-State Lottery Association (MUSL) works together with IGT to supply the VLTs to casinos.
To date, over $2.5 million has been paid out in prizes to lucky winners. The biggest MegaHits winner so far was Ellisa Young, who landed a $1,453,960 payout in October 2012.
Currently, the game is only offered at select casinos in the following locations:
- Dover Downs Hotel and Casino in Dover, DE
- Harrington Raceway and Casino in Harrington, DE
- Scioto Downs Racino in Columbus, OH
- Miami Valley Gaming in Lebanon, OH
- Maryland Live! In Hanover, MD
- Casino at Ocean Downs in Berlin, MD
- Hollywood Casino Perryville in Perryville, MD
- Horseshoe Baltimore in Baltimore, MD
- Twin River Casino in Lincoln, RI
- Newport Grand in Newport, RI
- Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races in Charles Town, WV
- Mardi Gras Casino and Resort in Charleston, WV
- Wheeling Island Hotel, Casino, Racetrack in Wheeling Island, WV
- Mountaineer Casino Racetrack and Resort in Chester, WV
Other locations within these states are planning on adding MegaHits to their current VLT offerings in the near future.
How to Play MegaHits
MegaHits is a multi-progressive jackpot game in which players across five states can wager and play the game for a chance to win one of five progressive jackpots, with the top prize starting at $100,000. The largest progressive game can be won from any designated MegaHits machine across the four participating states, but the four lower progressive games within each separate state are supported by wagers from players in that state and that state alone.
Players can bet as little as a penny and as much as $3 on MegaHits, but you'll need to bet $3 to be in the running for the top prize. If you match the designated winning combination, you'll snap up the jackpot. The odds of winning the MegaHits grand prize are approximately 1 in 17 million.
Top prizes are paid out as a lump sum and winners will need to contact their respective state lotteries in order to claim their prizes. If you're ever in one of the states where MegaHits is offered, give it a try - you might end up becoming the lucky winner!
As MegaHits is offered in venues where alcohol is served, players must be at least 21 years old to take part.