Daily 3 gives Minnesota Lottery players the chance to take home a top prize of $500 every day. Choose three lucky numbers, your favorite play style, and your wager amount. Match all three numbers in the draw held at 6:17 pm CT seven nights a week to win the grand prize. Pick up your ticket by 6:10 pm to enter that evening's draw.
How to Play
The quickest way to start playing is to mark the Quick Pick box on your playslip. The lottery computer will choose three random numbers from 0 to 9 for the most common bet type, Straight-Box. The cost is $1.00 (a $0.50 Straight play and a $0.50 Box play) - or you can choose to wager more.
You can also select your own favorite number(s), play style and bet amount.
Daily 3 has a choice of eight bet types, depending on how you want to try to make a winning combination with the numbers the lottery draws.
Choose one, two, or three numbers from 0 to 9 according to your bet type:
- First Digit: Pick one number; win $5 if it matches the first number drawn.
- Front Pair: Pick two numbers; win $50 if they match the first two numbers drawn in exact order.
- Back Pair: Pick two numbers; win $50 if they match the last two numbers drawn in exact order.
- Straight: Pick three numbers; win $500 if they match all the numbers drawn in exact order.
- 3-Way Box: Pick three numbers; two must be the same. Win if they match all the numbers drawn in any order.
- 6-Way Box: Pick three unique numbers. Win if they match all the numbers drawn in any order.
- Straight/3-Way Box: Pick three numbers; two must be the same. Win $330 if they match all the numbers drawn in exact order, or win $80 if they match in any order (based on a $1.00 bet).
- Straight/6-Way Box: Pick three unique numbers. Win $290 if they match all the numbers drawn in exact order, or win $40 if they match in any order (based on a $1.00 bet).
Determine how much you want to wager. Your play slip shows the most popular bets, $0.50 and $1, but you can spend up to $5 per play - just ask the retailer to enter your numbers, play type and wager amount.
You can play up to five times on a playslip - each panel is one play.
Check the multi-draw box if you'd like a convenient way to play your numbers again without leaving the house. You can play up to 14 draws in a row. If you win a prize and still have draws left on your ticket, go ahead and claim - you'll get a new ticket for the remaining draws.
Daily 3 Prizes and Odds of Winning
Below you'll find the prizes and chances of winning for each play type, based on a $1.00 wager. The top prize is $500 for a Straight play where you match all three of the lottery's numbers in the same order they're drawn.
|Bet Type||Prize||Odds of Winning|
|Straight||$500||1 in 1,000|
|Straight/3-Way Box||$330/$80||1 in 1,000/1 in 333.33|
|Straight/6-Way Box||$290/$40||1 in 1,000/1 in 166.66|
|3-Way Box||$160||1 in 333.33|
|6-Way Box||$80||1 in 166.66|
|Back Pair||$50||1 in 100|
|Front Pair||$50||1 in 100|
|First Digit||$5||1 in 10|
|Prize amounts are based on a $1 wager.
Odds are approximate.