$198 Million Tennessee Powerball Winner Claims PrizeSunday August 4th 2019
The winner of the $198 million Tennessee Powerball jackpot in the July 13, 2019 drawing has claimed their prize.
The winner used a trust to claim and therefore remained anonymous. The prize was claimed by the Freedom Trust at the Tennessee Lottery in Nashville.
The Trust chose to take the single cash lump sum payment of $128.1 million. The other option lottery winners have is to take a larger amount that is paid as a yearly annuity over decades.
The winning ticket was sold at Worsham's Market in Hendersonville, TN. The owner, Bobby Worsham, received a $50,000 retailer bonus for selling the ticket. "That's great," said granddaughter Taylor Carter. The historic market near 2030 New Hope Road has been owned by the family since 1901.
Rebecca Hargrove, President and CEO of the Tennessee Education Lottery Corporation, welcomed the jackpot win. “Not only is the Lottery about raising valuable dollars for education in Tennessee, but we are also about creating fun experiences for our players and providing the chance to win prizes,” she said.
These are the previous Powerball jackpots won in TN:
- January 2016: Lisa and John Robinson of Munford won one-third of the record-breaking $1.58 billion jackpot. The Robinsons were the second consecutive jackpot winners in TN and chose a lump sum payment of $327,835,000
- November 2016: $420.9 million won in Lafayette
- June 2014: $259.8 million won in Knoxville
- November 2015: $144.1 million won in Antioch
- March 2015: $50 million won in Knox County
- March 2005: $25.5 million won in South Pittsburgh
The Tennessee Lottery has sold 274 winning tickets of $1 million or more and paid players over $13.5 billion in prize money since it began on January 20, 2004. You can check all the latest results on the Tennessee Lottery numbers page.Latest News