$227 Million Mega Millions Jackpot Won in Texas; $4 Million Won in FloridaWednesday September 25th 2019
Two lucky Mega Millions players are waking up as multimillionaires this morning.
The Texas winner matched all six numbers in the Tuesday, September 24th drawing: white balls 6, 14, 24, 42 and 46, and the gold Mega Ball 9.
It's been an exciting year for Mega Millions players - this is the sixth time the jackpot has been hit in 2019:
- January 1st: $437 million won by a group of 23 Long Island co-workers in New York
- March 1st: $273 million won by Michael Weirsky in New Jersey
- March 12th: $50 million won by Hira Singh in Missouri
- June 7th: $522 million won by Laarni Bibal in California
- July 23rd: $168 million won in New Hampshire (the state's first Mega Millions jackpot win!)
The other big winner from last night's draw was a ticket in Florida that matched all five white ball numbers to win the second prize. Normally this Match 5 level is a $1 million prize. However, the player added the Megaplier option, which was 4X last night, so the prize was quadrupled to $4 million.
There were a total of 770,763 winners in Tuesday's draw, including 25 tickets that won $10,000 each by matching the four white balls and the Mega Ball. Seven of those tickets are worth $40,000 because they added Megaplier! Did you play yesterday's draw? Check your tickets now.
The jackpot run since July 23rd has produced nearly 8.8 million winning tickets, including last night's jackpot plus 12 winners who scooped prizes of $1 million or above.
The jackpot has now reset to its starting level of $40 million ($27.9 million cash value) for the next drawing on Friday, September 27th. Tickets are available now for that draw.Latest News