$227 Million Texas Mega Millions Jackpot Winner Claims PrizeTuesday October 29th 2019
Showing that things are bigger in Texas, a Leander resident has claimed the $227 million Mega Millions jackpot from the September 24 drawing.
The lucky winner, who has chosen to remain anonymous, matched all six numbers drawn on September 24, 2019: main numbers 6, 14, 24, 42, 46 and Mega Ball 9.
The winning ticket was a Quick Pick purchased at Lakeline Express Mart at 2004 N. Lakeline Blvd. in Cedar Park. The retailer has been paid a $1 million bonus.
The winner has opted to receive a one-time cash value payment of $157,091,592. It's the biggest lottery prize ever won by a single ticket in Texas.
This is the 13th Mega Millions jackpot lassoed in the Lone Star State, and the first since October 11, 2016, when It Will Buy Me a Boat Revocable Trust won a $49 million jackpot. Texas joined Mega Millions in 2003 and had its first jackpot winner the next year when Ut Van Nguyen of Carrollton won $101 million on October 1, 2004.
The latest win is the sixth time the Mega Millions jackpot has gone off in 2019. Here's a roundup of the previous wins this year:
- July 23, 2019 - $168 million won by the Just as B4 Nominee Trust of 2019, Portsmouth, New Hampshire
- June 7, 2019 - $522 million won by Laarni Bibal with a ticket purchased in San Diego, California
- March 12, 2019 - $50 million won by Hira Singh of Shawnee, Kansas, with a ticket purchased in Kansas City, Missouri
- March 1, 2019 - $273 million won by Michael J. Weirsky of Alpha, New Jersey
- January 1, 2019 - $437 million won by New Life 2019, LLC, a group of 23 co-workers from Long Island, New York
The next Mega Millions drawing is Tuesday, October 29. The jackpot sits at an estimated $105 million, so don't forget to get your tickets!Latest News