Mississippi Launches Four New Scratch-Off GamesWednesday February 5th 2020
The Mississippi Lottery has introduced four new scratch-off games for February, with tickets costing between $1 and $5 and instant cash prizes of up to $100,000.
The Lottery will keep the games coming, with new scratch-offs arriving on the first Tuesday of every month. Players can purchase the new games at any of the over 1,500 licensed lottery retailers in the state. You must be 21 or older to play.
Here's an overview of the new games including ticket costs, prizes and odds of winning.
It costs $1.00 to play for the chance to win a grand prize of $4,000. The game has 24 top prizes available and 14 prize tiers. The approximate overall odds of winning any prize are 1 in 4.93.
How to win:
- Match 3 of the same prize amounts and win that amount.
- Match 2 of the same prize values plus a Money Bag icon and win double the prize shown.
- Match 2 like prize values and a "4x" icon and win four times the prize value!
A ticket costs $2.00 for the chance to win a top prize of $25,000. The game has 11 prize levels and the approximate overall odds of winning any prize are 1 in 4.59. There are six top prizes to be won.
How to win:
- Match any of your numbers to either of the two winning numbers and win the prize shown.
- Get a "2x" symbol and win double the prize shown for the symbol.
$100,000 Diamond Dazzler
This game offers the chance at a $25,000 payday for a $2 play. There are five top prizes available and 10 prize categories. The approximate overall odds of winning any prize are 1 in 3.98.
How to win:
- Match any of your numbers to any of the four winning numbers and win the amount shown.
- If you get a "5x" symbol, you win five times the prize shown!
- A Money Bag icon gives you an instant $50 prize.
A $5.00 ticket could net you a prize up to $100,000. There are five grand prizes to be won, plus 13 prize tiers. The approximate overall odds of winning any prize are 1 in 3.96.
How to win:
- Match any of your numbers to any of the four winning numbers and win the prize shown.
- A "5x" symbol means you win five times the amount shown for the symbol.
- Reveal a "10x" symbol and win ten times the prize for that symbol!
Mississippi Powerball and Mega Millions Sales Top $500,000 on First Day
Ticket sales were over half a million dollars on the first day, more than double the expected amount. There was excitement as players lined up outside retailers at sunrise for a chance to win jackpots that start at $40 million and often roll over into the hundreds of millions.
The Lottery began operating on November 25, 2019, with four scratch-off games. Since then, it's introduced new scratch-offs on the first Tuesday of January and February and committed to continue to launch new games every month. Currently, 16 scratch-off games are available.
Mississippi also has big plans to launch more new draw games this year, including Lotto America and Cash 4 Life. A three-digit, four-digit, and five-digit game are also in the works, but no names have been announced. Details will be posted on the Mississippi Lottery page as soon as they are released.
The next Powerball drawing, for a $50 million jackpot, will take place tonight. The Mega Millions jackpot stands at $167 million and the next draw will be held on Friday. Save yourself a trip in the cold and get your tickets online for both games.
If you're new to playing these exciting lotteries, get your questions answered on the Powerball and MegaMillions FAQ page.Latest News