Mississippi Lottery to Launch Draw Games by February 10, 2020Friday June 28th 2019
The Mississippi Lottery Corporation has announced the launch of the state’s new lottery, revealing that tickets for draw games will be available for purchase by February 10, 2020. Instant tickets are expected to be available in retailers by December 1, 2019. The announcement comes as the Mississippi Lottery Corporation begins to accept proposals from vendors to implement and operate the games the lottery will offer, revealing their plans for the new state lottery in the process.
The following information about the upcoming Mississippi Lottery launch has been revealed:
- Instant tickets will be on sale in Mississippi by December 1, 2019.
- Lottery tickets will be available for purchase in Mississippi by February 10, 2020.
- The following lottery games are expected to be available in Mississippi by February 10, 2020:
- Mega Millions
- Cash 4 Life
- Lotto America
- Mississippi Lottery games (3 Digit, 4 Digit and 5 Digit draws)
- The Mississippi Lottery Corporation will open three regional claim centres in the state, in addition to the Lottery headquarters stationed in the Greater Jackson Metropolitan Area. The claim centres are expected to be opened in Hinds, Rankin and Madison County respectively.
- Between 1,500 and 1,700 authorised retailers are expected to be offering instant tickets by December 1, 2019, with plans for up to 3,000 vendors to be selling lottery tickets in the future.
- Projected price points for instant tickets are $1, $2, $3, $5 and $10, with the chance of offering higher-priced tickets in the future.
The Mississippi Lottery Corporation is expected to make a decision on which gaming vendors will operate and execute the lottery launch on August 23, 2019. The announcements come a month after Thomas Shaheen was appointed CEO of the Corporation, by the lottery board appointed by State Governor Phil Bryant.
The prospective launch date for the Mississippi Lottery had been pushed back several times since the bill providing for the formation of a lottery was passed in August 2018. Lottery tickets were initially slated to be available from January 2019, before being delayed until late 2019.Latest News