Mega Sena Help & Information
Mega Sena is operated by Caixa Econômica Federal bank of Brazil, which has administered the majority of Brazil's lotteries since the early 1960s. Mega Sena is a 6/60 rollover jackpot lottery game with three prize levels in which participants play from 6 to a maximum of 15 numbers. To win the jackpot players need to match 6 numbers drawn from a range of 1 to 60. There are a further two prize levels for players who match four and five numbers. Players can choose their own numbers for themselves, or let the Mega Sena system do it for them, an option which is called 'Surpresinha'.
Latest MegaSena Numbers & Results
Mega Sena Numbers
Checking your MegaSena numbers is easy! Moments after each draw has taken place our Mega Sena numbers page is updated with the latest numbers drawn. You will find the ten latest numbers and also an archive option to see older results from this lottery. Click here for the most up to date Mega Sena numbers.
Mega Sena drawings are held twice a week, on Wednesday and Saturday afternoons. The odds of winning the Mega Sena Jackpot vary greatly depending on the quantity of numbers a player chooses to play. If 6 numbers are chosen (the minimum), the odds are 1 in 50,063,860, whereas if 15 numbers are chosen (the maximum), the chances of winning the jackpot fall greatly to just 1 in 10,003.
The Mega Sena draw uses two ball cages to select the numbers. The fist cage is for numbers 0 to 5, and the second cage is for numbers 0 to 9. The two are used to together create each of the six 2-digit numbers of the draw. Two zeros are taken to mean a 60 in the Mega Sena draw, should they come up. Once 6 unique two digit numbers are drawn, the drawing is concluded.
The overall value of all prizes in Megasena calculates to 46% of overall income from Megasena ticket sales. From this total the prize values are broken down in the following manner:
- 35% is dedicated to the match 6 prize (Sena)
- 19% is allocated for the match 5 prize (Quina)
- 19% goes to the match 4 prize (Quadra)
- 22% is saved to a prize fund for a special MegaSena draw held every 5 draws (called the 'Final 0 or 5' draw).
- 5% is saved to a prize fund for a the last Final 0 or 5 draw of each year ('Mega da virada' draw, or 'Mega Turn').
How To Play Mega Sena Online
Previously playing in the Brazilian Mega Sena Lottery was restricted to residents of the country but with the introduction of the lottery concierge service anyone can buy tickets.
There are a number of options available to buy your tickets online choosing a variety of tickets and draws:
- Number of tickets: Three, seven, eight, nine, ten or eleven
- Draws: One, five, ten, twenty-five or fifty two
You are also offered the option to buy via subscription. Using this method means that your chosen numbers are automatically entered into each draw for the Mega Sena Lottery and as a bonus every 10th draw will be free.
- The record jackpot win for MegaSena came in 1999 when a single player from the Brazilian city of Salvador won an astonishing R$64.9 million.
- The second highest record winning were in 2007 and 2008, when R$52.8 million and R$53.1 million were won, respectively.
- Winning Mega Sena Tickets have a validity period of 90 days from the date of the draw to claim any winnings. Unclaimed prizes are sent to a National Treasury fund for use in good causes in Brazil.
- As will all Brazilian lotteries, winning are taxed and paid out in a lump sum.
- The current matrix is 6/60 numbers.
- There are three prize tiers that pay out cash.