Pick 3 is a Tri-State Lottery game available in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont, that offers the chance to win up to $500 twice every day and features a variety of fun bet types - more ways to play equals more ways to win! The cost of a ticket starts at $0.50 and increases in $0.50 increments up to a maximum of $5.00. Scroll down to find information on how to play, bet types, prize breakdown, and odds of winning.
How to Play
Pick up a Pick 3 play slip from a lottery retailer and fill it out:
- Choose a play type (straight, box, front pair, back pair, or single digit) - scroll down for details.
- Pick a draw time (Day, Night / Evening, or both).
- Determine your wager ($0.50 to $5.00).
- Choose three numbers from 0 through 9 (two numbers for front pair / back pair, or one number for single digit).
- Alternatively, mark Quick Pick (QP) / Easy Pick (EP) and the lottery computer will generate your numbers. By default, this is a straight $0.50 play for the next draw unless you choose other options. Quick Pick cannot be used for 6-way or 3-way box plays.
- You can play in advance for up to 42 consecutive draws (or up to 21 Day draws only or 21 Night/Evening draws only) by entering a number in the Multi Draws area.
Here's what the different Pick 3 bet types mean and how to win on each one:
- Straight: Match all three winning numbers in the exact order drawn. Example pick: 123. Example win: 123
- 3-Way Box: Choose two identical numbers and one unique number. Match all three winning numbers in any order. Example pick: 112. Example wins: 112, 211, 121
- 6-Way Box: Choose three unique numbers. Match all three winning numbers in any order. Example pick: 112. Example wins: 123, 321, 231, 132, 312, 213
- Front Pair: Pick two numbers. Match the first two digits of the winning number in the exact order drawn. Example pick: 12. Example win: 12X
- Back Pair: Pick two numbers. Match the last two digits of the winning number in the exact order drawn. Example pick: 12. Example win: X12
- Single Digit: Select one number. Match the winning number in the exact position drawn. Example pick: 1XX or X2X or XX3. Example win: 123
Pick 3 Prizes and Odds of Winning
There are six different ways to play Pick 3, plus a choice of wager amounts, that determine how you can make a winning match and the value of the prizes you could take home.
Check the table below for the payouts on a $1.00 wager and chances of winning; prize values will vary depending on your bet (prizes for a $0.50 wager are half the amounts shown).
Pick 3 prizes expire one year after the winning draw date.
|Play Type||Match||Prize ($1 Bet)||Odds|
|Straight||Match all 3 numbers in exact order||$500||1 in 1,000|
|3-Way Box||Match all 3 numbers in any order (2 digits must be the same e.g. 122)||$166||1 in 333|
|6-Way Box||Match all 3 numbers in any order (All 3 digits must are different e.g. 123)||$84||1 in 167|
|Front Pair||Match the first 2 numbers in order||$50||1 in 100|
|Back Pair||Match the last 2 numbers in order||$50||1 in 100|
|Single Digit||Match one number in the correct position||$5||1 in 10|