Lotto America To Add New Monday Night DrawWednesday July 6th 2022
Lotto America fans will soon have a new draw day to play, as the multi-state lottery prepares to launch its third weekly draw on Mondays, starting July 18, 2022.
The new Monday draw will join the existing Wednesday and Saturday schedule. Other Lotto America features, including ticket price, fixed prize values, and odds, will not change. The Lotto America draw takes place at around 11:15 PM EST, just after the Powerball draw, and is held at the Florida Lottery headquarters in Tallahassee.
Tickets for the new draw go on sale on Sunday, July 17. Lotteries have been limiting the number of Lotto America advance draws available for purchase in preparation for the new draw night, but starting July 17, advance plays will no longer be limited.
Lotto America Features Will Stay the Same
- The ticket price will remain at $1
- Odds of winning stay the same, because the number pools are not changing: players will still pick five numbers from 1 to 52 and one Star Ball number from 1 to 10
- The fixed prize amounts will stay the same
- The jackpot will continue to increase with every draw until it’s won, and its rate of growth will still be based on ticket sales and interest rates
- The All Star Bonus add-on that multiplies prizes below the jackpot will still be offered for an extra $1 per play
Expect Bigger Jackpots and More Wins
The third weekly draw night is expected to increase ticket sales, and the aim is to grow the jackpot faster every week and boost the number of cash prizes and jackpots won. Higher ticket sales will also generate increased funding for the good causes that Lotto America’s participating lotteries support.
The Lotto America Product Group decided to add the Monday draw after players enthusiastically welcomed the introduction of Powerball’s Monday draw.
“Players have let us know that they like more chances to get into the game, especially when the jackpot gets on a roll,” said Adam Prock, Lotto America Product Group Chair. “We’ve already seen Powerball successfully add a Monday drawing in addition to its Wednesday and Saturday drawings, and a Lotto America drawing on Monday will further complement the draw game schedule that our players have grown accustomed to.”
Lotto America debuted in 2017 and is now offered by 13 US lotteries: Delaware, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Minnesota, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, and West Virginia.Latest News