This North Carolina game pays out great cash prizes of up to $5,000 on a $1.00 wager. With two draws every day of the week and multiple play types, fans have plenty of chances to take home a win. The Midday draw is held at 3:00 PM ET, and ticket sales pause just before at 2:45 PM. The Evening draw takes place at 11:22 PM ET, and sales close at 10:59 PM.
How to Play
Simply choose four digits from 0 to 9, or mark Quick Pick to receive random numbers from the lottery terminal. Play up to five times per playslip; each panel is one entry.
To play Front Pair, choose numbers from the first two columns only. For Back Pair, choose numbers from the last two columns.
Pick a play type - this determines how your numbers can make a winning match with the numbers drawn. Play types also have varying payouts and odds - please read on for details.
Select your wager: $0.50 or $1.00 (50/50 plays cost $1.00; Combo plays cost from $1.50 to $6.00).
You can play the Midday or Evening draw, or both. By default, you'll be entered into the next available draw. If you select Both, you'll get one ticket for each draw.
Use Multidraw to play up to seven day or evening draws in a row. Advance Play is the easiest way to play specific future draw days (other than the current draw chosen) with the same numbers.
These are the Pick 4 play types you can choose from. Prizes and odds vary depending on which play style you select.
- Exact: Your numbers must match the winning numbers in the exact order they're drawn.
- Any Order: Your numbers must match the winning numbers in any order.
- 50/50 (Exact + Any): The Exact and Any Order plays together on one ticket. The cost to play is $1.00. Win the Any Order prize if your numbers match in any order, or win the Exact and Any prize if your numbers match in exact order.
- Combo: Every possible Exact play of your numbers on one ticket. The Combo play cost depends on the amount played and which numbers you choose.
- Pairs (Front or Back): For Front Pair, choose a number in each of the first two columns and match the first two winning numbers in exact order. For Back Pair, choose a number in each of the last two columns and match the last two winning numbers in exact order.
The numbers you pick determine how many ways you could win:
- 4-Way: Choose 3 same and one different numbers (like 1112) for four ways to win.
- 6-Way: Choose two pairs of the same numbers (like 1122) for six ways to win.
- 12-Way: Choose two same and two different numbers (like 1123) for 12 ways to win.
- 24-Way: Choose four different numbers (like 1234) for 24 ways to win.
Fireball is an option in Pick 4 that you can add on by marking the appropriate box on your playslip. It doubles the cost of your wager, but considerably boosts your chances of winning.
An extra number is drawn, which can replace one of the drawn Pick 4 numbers to give you more chances to win. It is possible to win multiple times on one ticket depending on the numbers you play. For example, if you pick the numbers 2466 as an Exact Order play, the drawn numbers are 2466 and the Fireball is also 6, you can replace both ‘6s’ from the winning set with the Fireball number of 6, to give you even more wins.
Since Fireball was introduced to Pick 4 on September 18, 2022, it has not been possible to play the Sum it Up and 1-Off features of the game that were previously available.
Pick 4 Prizes and Odds of Winning
In the following table, you can view the play type details, prize values for a $0.50 and $1.00 bet, and odds of taking home a payout.
|Play Type||Prizes ($0.50 Play)||Prizes ($1 Play)||Odds|
|EXACT ORDER Match in order drawn||$2,500||$5,000||1 in 10,000|
|ANY Match in any order|
|Any (4-Way)||$600||$1,200||1 in 2,500|
|Any (6-Way)||$400||$800||1 in 1,666.7|
|Any (12-Way)||$200||$400||1 in 833.3|
|Any (24-Way)||$100||$200||1 in 416.7|
|50/50 Exact/Any Order. Cost: $1|
|50/50 - 4-Way (Exact Match)||N/A||$3,100||1 in 10,000|
|50/50 - 4-Way (Any Match)||$600||1 in 2,500|
|50/50 - 6-Way (Exact Match)||N/A||$2,900||1 in 10,000|
|50/50 - 6-Way (Any Match)||$400||1 in 1,666.7|
|50/50 - 12-Way (Exact Match)||N/A||$2,700||1 in 10,000|
|50/50 - 12-Way (Any Match)||$200||1 in 833.3|
|50/50 - 24-Way (Exact Match)||N/A||$2,600||1 in 10,000|
|50/50 - 24-Way (Any Match)||$100||1 in 416.7|
|COMBO All Exact Order combinations|
|Combo - 4-Way||$2,500
|1 in 2,500|
|Combo - 6-Way||$2,500
|1 in 1,666.7|
|Combo - 12-Way||$2,500
|1 in 833.3|
|Combo - 24-Way||$2,500
|1 in 416.7|
|FRONT PAIR Match first 2 numbers in Exact Order||$25||$50||1 in 100|
|BACK PAIR Match last 2 numbers in Exact Order||$25||$50||1 in 100|
Fireball Prizes and Odds of Winning
Find out all the prizes you can win if you add the Fireball to your Pick 4 play. These payouts shown are for a $1 base play.
|Play Type||Fireball Prize||Fireball Odds of Winning|
|Exact Order||$1,350||1 in 2,703|
|Any Order Prize||$170||1 in 699|
|Exact Order Prize||$675||1 in 2,632|
|Any Order Prize||$112||1 in 472|
|Exact Order Prize||$675||1 in 2,632|
|Any Order||$56||1 in 240|
|Exact Order||$675||1 in 2,564|
|Any Order||$28||1 in 123|
|Exact Order||$675||1 in 2,500|
|4-Way||$340||1 in 699|
|6-Way||$224||1 in 472|
|12-Way||$112||1 in 240|
|24-Way||$56||1 in 123|
|$1,350||1 in 699|
|$1,350||1 in 472|
|$1,350||1 in 240|
|$1,350||1 in 123|
|Front Pair||$14||1 in 56|
|Back Pair||$14||1 in 56|