Ohio Pick 3 offers a choice of wager types and amounts so you can play your way, and chances to win twice daily. Sunday through Friday the draws are held at 12:29pm and 7:29pm EST; the Saturday midday draw is also held at 12:29pm but the Saturday evening draw occurs slightly later at around 7:45pm EST in order to be broadcast during the Cash Explosion TV show.
How to Play
Pick 3 features a range of bet types to keep your play exciting. You can choose from Straight, Box, Back-Up, and Pair bets, with different ways for your numbers to make a winning match with the numbers drawn by the Lottery.
- Straight: Win if your numbers match the numbers drawn in exact order from left to right. Wager $0.50 or $1.
- Boxed: Win if your numbers match the numbers drawn in any order. Wager $0.50 or $1. There are two kinds of boxed bets:
- 6-Way Boxed: Pick three unique numbers (such as 1, 2, 3) for six ways to win (1-2-3; 1-3-2; 2-1-3; 2-3-1; 3-1-2; and 3-2-1)
- 3-way Boxed: Pick two same and one unique number (such as 1, 2, 1) for three ways to win (1-1-2; 1-2-1; and 2-1-1)
- Back-Up: Combines one Straight bet and one Boxed bet - the Straight play is "backed up" with the Boxed play. If you win on the Straight bet, you receive both the Straight and Boxed payouts. If you win on the Boxed bet, you receive the Boxed payout. Minimum wager $1.
- Pair: Choose two numbers and win if you match two of the numbers drawn in exact order:
- Front Pair: Win if you match the first and second number drawn in exact order (for example 1, 2, X)
- Back Pair: Win if you match the second and third number drawn in exact order (for example X, 2, 3)
- Split Pair: Win if you match the first and third number drawn in exact order (for example 1, X, 3)
- Wheel: A Straight play on every combination of your numbers. For instance, if you wheeled the numbers 1-2-3, the possible combos are: 1-2-3; 2-1-3; 3-1-2; 1-3-2; 3-2-1 and 2-3-1. A $0.50 Wheel base play = $3 ($0.50 x 6 bets). A $1 Wheel base play = $6 ($1 x 6 bets).
Prizes and Odds of Winning
The table below shows the odds and prize payouts for each wager type in Pick 3, based on a $1 bet. Prizes are half the amount shown if you bet $0.50:
|Wager Type||Prize Payout (for $1 ticket)||Odds of Winning|
|Straight||$500||1 in 1,000|
|6-Way Wheel (6 individual straight wagers)||$500||6 in 1,000|
|3-Way Wheel (3 individual straight wagers)||$500||3 in 1,000|
|3-Way Box||$167||1 in 333|
|6-Way Box||$83||1 in 167|
|Back Pair||$50||1 in 100|
|Front Pair||$50||1 in 100|
|Split Pair||$50||1 in 100|
Pick 3 Back-Up Wager Straight Winners
|Wager||Total Cost||3-Way Back-Up||6-Way Back-Up|