DC Keno

D.C. Keno is the game you can play every four minutes in the District of Columbia, between the hours of 6:00 AM ET and 2:00 AM. There's an opportunity to win up to $1 million in every single draw.

The base game has a top prize of $100,000, while Keno Spin is an optional feature that can see winnings multiplied by up to 10 times.

How to Play

In Keno, you have more control over exactly how you play than in most other lotteries. For starters, you can choose how many numbers you want to pick, from a minimum of one to a maximum of 10. These are known as spots, so you would play either the 10 Spot version of Keno, the 9 Spot game, or so on.

Select your numbers from a range of 1 to 80. You can play a Quick Pick if you would rather use a random set than choose your own.

You can also decide how much you want to wager per game. This can be $1, $2, $3, $4, $5 or $10. The total cost of your ticket will be the dollar amount multiplied by the number of consecutive draws you choose to enter, which can be up to 20. The maximum wager is $100 per bet slip.

In every draw, 20 winning numbers will be selected at random from 1 to 80.

Keno Spin

If you select the Keno Spin box on your slip, it doubles the total cost of your wager. However, it also gives you the chance to win even bigger prizes. A multiplier is randomly selected alongside each draw, and this is applied to all payouts if you have played Keno Spin.

There is a 40% chance that no multiplier (1x) will be applied, but there is a 60% chance that your prize will be boosted. It could even be the 10x multiplier, making it possible to win up to $1 million.

Prizes and Odds of Winning

The tables below show all the different ways to win in each version of Keno, along with the prizes you would win for a $1 wager. Your payout increases proportionally if you wagered more, although there is a maximum prize of $100,000 without Keno Spin regardless of the play amount.

10 Spot Game
Match Prize
10 $100,000
9 $5,000
8 $500
7 $46
6 $10
5 $2
0 $5
Overall Odds 1 in 9.05

9 Spot Game
Match Prize
9 $20,000
8 $2,000
7 $100
6 $15
5 $5
4 $1
0 $2
Overall Odds 1 in 4.61

8 Spot Game
Match Prize
8 $10,000
7 $500
6 $50
5 $7
4 $1
0 $2
Overall Odds 1 in 5.25

7 Spot Game
Match Prize
7 $5,000
6 $150
5 $20
4 $2
0 $1
Overall Odds 1 in 5.46

6 Spot Game
Match Prize
6 $1,500
5 $53
4 $5
3 $1
Overall Odds 1 in 6.19

5 Spot Game
Match Prize
5 $400
4 $10
3 $3
Overall Odds 1 in 10.34

4 Spot Game
Match Prize
4 $65
3 $5
2 $1
Overall Odds 1 in 3.86

3 Spot Game
Match Prize
3 $230
2 $2
Overall Odds 1 in 6.55

2 Spot Game
Match Prize
2 $10
Overall Odds 1 in 16.63

1 Spot Game
Match Prize
1 $2.50
Overall Odds 1 in 4

Keno Spin Odds

The table below shows the odds of each Keno Spin multiplier being selected in each draw. Remember, the maximum payout with Keno Spin is $1 million, regardless of your wager amount.

Keno Spin
Multiplier Odds
1x 1 in 2.4
2x 1 in 2.5
3x 1 in 13.3
4x 1 in 15.9
5x 1 in 26.3
10x 1 in 83.3

^ Return to top of page