Lunar New Year Lottery Numbers for the Year of the RatSaturday January 25th 2020
The Lunar New Year or Chinese New Year begins today, January 25, and it's the Year of the Rat that is being welcomed in. The Rat represents wealth and new beginnings in the Chinese zodiac, so it could be the ideal animal to usher in some lottery luck!
The Lunar New Year, also called the Spring Festival in China, has a date that changes annually, according to the lunisolar Chinese calendar. Chinese New Year begins on the new moon that occurs from January 21 to February 20. Celebrations begin the day before the start of the new year and continue until a date known as the Lantern Festival, which is February 8 this year.
Like the western zodiac, the Chinese zodiac is divided into 12 houses, but with the difference that each house in the Chinese zodiac lasts for a year rather than a month. There are 12 animals representing the years in the Chinese zodiac cycle, and Rat is the first.
The beginning of the Lunar New Year is a time of many superstitions which are believed to influence the coming year. According to tradition, washing clothes, using scissors and sweeping floors on January 25 will bring bad luck for the whole year. Crying children should also be avoided - maybe easier said than done if you're a parent!
However, according to So Man-fung Peter, Hong Kong's most famous fortune-teller, Chinese astrology and feng-shui aren't about predicting exactly what will happen to you this year. Instead, "They're a calculation of probability and a study of statistics," he says.
"It's about finding that law and flow of the universe. When you know how to calculate it, you can predict the trends for everything. If you're enjoying a lucky streak, knowing that may give you the confidence and courage needed to start your own business," he explains. "If you're plagued by bad luck, acknowledging it may help you avoid taking unnecessary risks."
Rat Birth Years
In the table below you can check if you were born in a Year of the Rat. This Lunar New Year is a Year of the Metal Rat, starting on January 25, 2020 and ending on February 11, 2021.
People born under the Rat sign have a natural capacity for success and are predicted to have good fortune with their finances this year.
|1924||February 5, 1924||January 23, 1925|
|1936||January 24, 1936||February 10, 1937|
|1948||February 10, 1948||January 28, 1949|
|1960||January 28, 1960||February 14, 1961|
|1972||February 15, 1972||February 2, 1973|
|1984||February 2, 1984||February 19, 1985|
|1996||February 19, 1996||February 6, 1997|
|2008||February 6, 2008||January 25, 2009|
|2020||January 25, 2020||February 11, 2021|
Lucky and Unlucky Numbers for Rats This Year
Below are some numbers that, according to Chinese astrology, are lucky and unlucky for Rat people this year.
- Lucky numbers for Rats are 2 and 3 - why not try these out as lottery numbers and see if they work for you?
- Unlucky numbers for Rats are 5 and 9, so you may want to avoid them in your lottery picks.
- The Rat represents the nighttime hours of 11:00 pm to 1:00 am - to use these as lottery numbers choose 11, 12 and 1.
- Lucky months for the Rat this year are March, September and November - will these months bring you lottery wins?
Best Rat Birthdays
If you use your birthday as lottery numbers, you should know that in the Chinese zodiac, your birth month, day, and time are very important.
- Best birth months: Lucky birth months for Rats are January, May, July, August and September.
- Best birth dates: Rats born on the 4th, 9th, 13th, 25th or 30th day of the Chinese lunar calendar are considered particularly lucky.
- Best birth times: The most auspicious birth times for Rats are between 5:00 am and 7:00 am, and between 5:00 pm and 7:00 pm.
Auspicious Times for Rats
Here are some times of day that are believed to be lucky for Rats in the next seven days. You could buy a lottery ticket during these times or use the numbers as lottery picks.
- Saturday, January 25: 05:00-06:59, 11:00-12:59, 13:00-14:59, 17:00-18:59
- Sunday, January 26: 03:00-04:59, 07:00-08:59, 09:00-10:59, 15:00-16:59, 17:00-18:59, 21:00-22:59
- Monday, January 27: 01:00-02:59, 07:00-08:59, 11:00-12:59, 13:00-14:59, 19:00-20:59, 21:00-22:59
- Tuesday, January 28: 23:00-00:59, 01:00-02:59, 05:00-06:59, 11:00-12:59, 15:00-16:59, 17:00-18:59
- Wednesday, January 29: 03:00-04:59, 05:00-06:59, 09:00-10:59, 15:00-16:59, 19:00-20:59, 21:00-22:59
- Thursday, January 30: 23:00-00:59, 01:00-02:59, 07:00-08:59, 09:00-10:59, 13:00-14:59, 19:00-20:59
- Friday, January 31: 23:00-00:59, 03:00-04:59, 05:00-06:59, 11:00-12:59, 13:00-14:59, 17:00-18:59
Why not try some of these Chinese astrology-inspired lucky numbers as your Powerball and Mega Millions picks and see if they bring you good fortune this Lunar New Year? Tonight's Powerball jackpot stands at $373 million and there's still time to get your tickets.Latest News