$150 Million Powerball Jackpot Won in CaliforniaMonday November 4th 2019
A single ticket in California won the $150 million Powerball jackpot on Saturday.
The lucky winner matched all six numbers in the November 2 drawing: white balls 3, 23, 32, 37, 58, and Powerball 22. Power Play multiplier was at 2X.
The winning ticket was purchased at the Gold Ranch Casino's California Lottery Satellite, which is located just inside the California border, behind the Gold Ranch Casino RV Resort in Verdi, Nevada.
This isn't the first time the site has sold a ticket that won a large prize - previous payouts include $122,781 on December 16, 2016, and $340,982 on January 28, 2017.
The winner has 180 days from the draw date to claim their prize. They will have two options for how to receive their winnings: an annuity of $150 million, paid as 30 payments for 29 years, or a single lump sum payment of $104.8 million. Both of these amounts are before taxes.
This is the seventh time the Powerball jackpot has gone off this year. It was previously won in:
- Wisconsin: $768.4 million won by Manuel Franco in the March 27 drawing
- North Carolina: $344.6 million won by Charles W. Jackson Jr. in the June 1 drawing
- Tennessee: $198 million won by the Freedom Trust in the July 13 drawing
- New York: $148 million won in the August 17 drawing
- New York: $80 million won by David Yax in the September 4 drawing
- Michigan: $80 million won by Philip Chippewa in the September 21 drawing
The other big winner on Saturday was a ticket in Virginia that won $1 million by matching all five main numbers.
There were 1,203,674 total winners in Saturday's drawing, so check your tickets to find out if you've won a prize.
Powerball drawings take place on Wednesday and Saturday nights in Florida at 10:59 pm ET. For the Wednesday, November 6 drawing, the jackpot has reset to $40 million ($28 million cash option).Latest News